A Engineered Oak Timber floor will look better for longer if it is kept as clean as possible.
- To remove surface dirt and grit, regularly vacuum, with a soft bristle head or sweep with the dry General Purpose Microfibre Pad attached to a Swivel Head Extension Mop.
- Lightly mist an area of the floor with a solution of a few drops of vinegar or mentholated spirits in a spray bottle and wipe over with the damp heavy duty Microfibre Mop.
- Wipe up spills and leaks promptly with a dry Microfibre Cloth or dry paper towel. For sticky substances, moisten the cloth slightly.
- Over wetting a floor when mopping or cleaning can change the moisture balance in the floor and cause a floor to expand, with some resulting in cupping. For this reason, it is important to ensure that mops and cloths are well wrung so that as little water solution as possible wets the floor.
- Never clean a floor with common household detergents, polishes, steel wool pads, wax or similar products.
ONGOING CARE & MAINTENANCE
It is only natural that Oak timber floors will show signs of wear over time.
You can however protect your floor by following a few simple guidelines:
- Use interior and exterior doormats at all entrances to collect dirt and moisture and prevent it from being tracked onto the floor.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to rid the floor of dust and grit that can scratch the finish.
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor to prevent scratches and dents.
- Keep pets’ claws trimmed, paws clean and free of dirt or soil.
- Always apply felt pads under any furniture or chair legs to prevent scratches and to ease movement. Keep pads clean at all times and regularly check and replace as necessary.
- Protect the floor when moving heavy furniture or large appliances.
- Use non-slip rugs in high wear areas, i.e. in heavily traveled spots and pivot points such as room entries and stair landings.
- Spills and tracked-in dirt should be wiped up immediately. For spot cleaning, apply a mixture of Mentholated Spirits/ Vinegar and water applied to a Microfiber Cloth and rub into the spot.
- Protect your floor from direct sunlight. Use curtains and UV resistant film on large glass doors and windows. Colour shade variation can occur if the floor is exposed to direct sunlight.
- Area rugs are recommended in front of kitchen sinks, at all pivot points and within high traffic areas. Do not use rugs with solid rubber or vinyl backings. The rugs must be made of a breathable material to prevent moisture entrapment.
- Never use any of the following products (or products similar in nature) on your floor: Ammonia-based cleaners, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials. Many of these products pit or etch the finish of your flooring or prevent the proper use of recommended maintenance materials.
- The use of a steam mop is not recommended on any Oak or hardwood timber floor.
- Keep the relative humidity in your home between 35% & 55%.
For any concerns you can leave a comment in the box provided for below this page.
Contact us @ 1300 66 8949