STYLE PLANTATION has developed a range of cleaning and maintenance products specially formulated for bamboo and hardwood floors called FLOOR ‘n ALL.
A Bamboo or hardwood timber floor is a significant investment, so you should get the most out of it.
The key to maintaining your floors is in the cleaning. Your bamboo or hardwood timber floors will endure the test of time, if you provide them with the care they need.
Although bamboo or hardwood timber floors are generally considered easy to maintain, using the wrong products and techniques put the finish and longevity of your floors at risk.
You can expect years of beauty from your floor by observing a few precautions and maintaining regular cleaning and maintenance routines.
The range of FLOOR ‘n ALL products offer a simple and effective solution to cleaning and maintaining your bamboo and hardwood timber floors.
• FLOOR ‘n ALL – Floor & All Purpose Cleaner
• FLOOR ‘n ALL – Swivel Head Extension Mop
• FLOOR ‘n ALL – Microfibre Wet & Dry Mop Pads
• FLOOR ‘n ALL – General Purpose and Anti-bacterial Microfibre Cleaning Cloths
• FLOOR ‘n ALL – Scratch Cover for Dark Timber
• FLOOR ‘n ALL – Scratch Cover for Light Timber
CLEANING YOUR FLOOR
A Bamboo or Timber floor will look better for longer if it is kept as clean as possible.
- To remove surface dirt and grit, regularly vacuum, with a soft bristle head or sweep with the dry FLOOR ‘n ALL - General Purpose Microfibre Blue Pad attached to the FLOOR ’n ALL Swivel Head Extension Mop.
- Lightly mist an area of the floor with the ready to use FLOOR ’n ALL - Floor & All Purpose Cleaner solution and wipe over with the damp heavy duty FLOOR ’n ALL Microfibre Mop - ()Green and White Striped Pad) attached to the FLOOR ’n ALL Swivel Head Extension Mop.
- Wipe up spills and leaks promptly with a dry FLOOR ’n ALL Microfibre Cloth or dry paper towel. For sticky substances, moisten the cloth slightly.
- Over wetting a floor when mopping or cleaning can change the moisture balance in the floor and cause a floor to expand, with some resulting in cupping. For this reason, it is important to ensure that mops and cloths are well wrung so that as little water solution as possible wets the floor.
- Never clean a floor with common household detergents, polishes, steel wool pads, wax or similar products.
ONGOING CARE & MAINTENANCE
It is only natural that bamboo and hardwood timber floors will show signs of wear over time.
You can however protect your floor by following a few simple guidelines:
- Use interior and exterior doormats at all entrances to collect dirt and moisture and prevent it from being tracked onto the floor.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to rid the floor of dust and grit that can scratch the finish.
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor to prevent scratches and dents.
- Keep pets’ claws trimmed, paws clean and free of dirt or soil.
- Always apply felt pads under any furniture or chair legs to prevent scratches and to ease movement. Keep pads clean at all times and regularly check and replace as necessary.
- Protect the floor when moving heavy furniture or large appliances.
- Use non-slip rugs in high wear areas, i.e. in heavily travelled spots and pivot points such as room entries and stair landings.
- Spills and tracked-in dirt should be wiped up immediately. For spot cleaning, apply FLOOR ‘n ALL - Floor & All Purpose Cleaner onto a clean FLOOR ‘n ALL – Microfiber Cloth and rub into the spot.
- Protect your floor from direct sunlight. Use curtains and UV resistant film on large glass doors and windows. Colour shade variation can occur if the floor is exposed to direct sunlight.
- A FLOOR ‘n ALL - Swivel-head mop with microfiber pads is also highly recommended to eliminate finer particles of grit and dirt that can act like sandpaper on hardwood floors.
- Area rugs are recommended in front of kitchen sinks, at all pivot points and within high traffic areas. Do not use rugs with solid rubber or vinyl backings. The rugs must be made of a breathable material to prevent moisture entrapment.
- Never use any of the following products (or products similar in nature) on your floor: Ammonia-based cleaners, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials. Many of these products pit or etch the finish of your flooring or prevent the proper use of recommended maintenance materials.
- The use of a steam mop is not recommended on any bamboo or hardwood timber floor.
- Keep the relative humidity in your home between 35% & 55%.
FLOOR 'n ALL Production Information
Guidelines for cleaning and maintaining your floors
FLOOR 'n ALL Safety Data Sheet