Bamboo flooring is becoming increasingly popular because it has an enduring quality, is hard wearing and is suitable for both domestic and commercial applications.
Although bamboo is technically a grass, it is classified as a timber flooring product, and compares favourably in terms of its performance, look and price against hardwood timber flooring.
CHOOSING A BAMBOO FLOOR
There are a number of things to consider when choosing your bamboo floor:
- Appeal – the overall look and feel, colour, finish etc.
- Quality – Quality will differ greatly from different manufacturers and suppliers. The quality of the finished product is highly dependent on the quality of the raw materials used in the manufacture of the flooring and also the manufacturing process itself.
- Suitability – is the flooring you choose suitable for the intended installation area e.g. is it a high traffic area, is the floor exposed to the elements,
- Durability – Bamboo flooring (particularly the strand-woven bamboo flooring) is an extremely durable flooring choice for any location subjected to high usage.
- Cost – Bamboo flooring compares favourably against premium grade hardwood timbers, used for flooring applications
- Ease of maintenance – one of the many benefits of bamboo flooring is its ease of maintenance. Bamboo flooring is extremely durable and resilient, and therefore does not require much in the way of special care or maintenance – see Care and Maintenance Guidelines.
Style Plantation offers wide range of bamboo flooring in a selection of colours, finishes and structures including:
• STYLEBOARD™ Strand-woven bamboo flooring
If you are looking for a flooring solution that is:
• Environmentally friendly,
• Uniquely attractive,
• Strong and resilient,
• Easy to install
• Easy to maintain
Then Bamboo Flooring is the right choice for you.